Tuesday, September 15, 2015


Lesser Goldfinches gather in scrub oak, cottonwood and willow habitats of the Western United States or suburban yards for seeds and water. They can be found all the way south to Peru and the Andes Mountains.
I saw 38-50 visit my feeders between April to June 2015. 
These birds eat seeds of plants in the sunflower family.
They make a wheezy song with bits from other birds. 
Their habitat is open woodland and nesting on trees. These birds could be found in the tree outside my home. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! These look like beautiful birds!! I did not know we could see these yellow birds in El Cajon! Do they all have this bright yellow color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! These look like beautiful birds!! I did not know we could see these yellow birds in El Cajon! Do they all have this bright yellow color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. Yes, the males are this bright color. The females are a light brown.

    ReplyDelete